- GSM vs CDMA (Modes) usage by country
- Frequency Bands (850/900/1800/1900Hz) by country
- LTE Bands (1-44) in use, and by which country
- LTE-TDD (time-division duplexing) vs. LTE-FDD (frequency-division duplexing)
- "While the majority of the global LTE market is based on FDD-LTE technology, TDD-LTE, the alternative LTE technology, is expected to see increased adoption in the US, China, Australia, Middle East, Northern and Eastern Europe, and Southwest Asia, and to gain a more pronounced position in the global LTE market,"
- Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / iPad mini 3
- Blackberry Z30
- Google Nexus 6 and Nexus 9
- Samsung: Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and Note 4
So, without further delay, let's get down to whether your smartphone or device will work in the country you're planning to travel to.