For lots of reasons.
1) Don't try to return a rental car on Sunday in Pisa, as it's nearly impossible to find a station that is a) open, b) takes cash/credit and not bank cards because c) the car rental return place doesn't think that the "full" indicator is accurate.
2) Ok, so remember we bought some marble in Carrara? That stuff is heavy. And everyone on the flight was trying to fit their rocks into the weight limit of their luggage. Some folks were wearing 6 or 7 layers of clothes to make weight.
3) Crowd control is non-existent.
- More posts from Italy
- End of Tour Summary: Germany
- Our Greek Island Cruise
- Eurotrip 1999: France, Switzerland, Italy, & England